* 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly washed in a fine sieve (unless pre-rinsed)
* 1-3/4 cups water
* 15-ounce can red beans, thoroughly rinsed
* 1 cup frozen corn
1 Tbls smoked paprika
* 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
* 1 Jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and minced
* 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
* 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* salt and pepper
Combine the quinoa and water in a rice cooker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Alternatively combine the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer (not removing the lid!), until all of the water has been absorbed.
Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl combine the quinoa, red beans, corn, red bell pepper, Jalapeno pepper, onion, and cilantro and mix well. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil and balsamic and the pour over the quinoa; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.